Thank you for your interest in completing your project with Santa Clara County Parks! As a community organization, we are committed to supporting youth and their contributions to the community. We are prepared to help youth learn the skills of project management and taking responsibility for a significant accomplishment.
Youth and Scout Project Timeline:
The Scout service project belongs to the Scout candidate. Parents/guardians and others may help, but the Scout must be the leader.
- Propose a Project to the volunteer office (link below). One of the listed projects are always more likely to be rewarded, but scouts may submit a project of their design as well.
- Interview with a park lead and prepare the BSA project plan proposal (if required)
- Notify park lead and volunteer program that project has been approved by BSA council
- Once project has been approved work with site lead to develop a plan for implementing project and set up a schedule to accomplish the project
- Fundraise for materials (if required)
- Once project has been carried out, request approval from park lead of project completion
Please note requests cannot be considered less than 4 weeks in advance. You will have the best success if you make your request at least 8 weeks in advance and ideally at least 12-16 weeks in advance before having to present to the council. We will do the best we can to accommodate your request, however please note that not all requests will be granted.
NOTE: County Parks no longer allows Eagle Scout Project plaques to be placed at project location.
For questions please contact the volunteer office: [email protected] or call (408) 918‑4930.