Hike Tip: This trail can be accessed from three different areas on Skyline Blvd (see roadside parking icons on map). You can shorten or lengthen your hike depending on where you park.
Important Note: Summit Rock is closed from Feb 1 - Aug 31 to protect nesting Peregrine Falcons. However, Indian Rock is open.
- A wilderness experience for visitors interested in the park’s mature stands of Douglas fir and redwoods.
- Popular with mountain bicyclists and for its long hiking trails and valley vistas.
- Creek crossings are unimproved and closed when flooded. Check conditions before assessing trails during wet seasons.
Trail Info & Highlights
- Offers some technical mountain bike experience
- Travels though varied plant communities (including, coastal mixed hardwood,
- Douglas fir, California bay, mixed oak and coastal shrub communities)
- 60% shaded canopy