Swimming or Wading is NOT Permitted in County Parks
Boating Safety "Know BEFORE You Go!"
To ensure your safety while boating, all state and local county boating laws are enforced. For more information on boating safety and classes visit the website of the US Coast Guard Auxiliary or the Department of Boating and Waterways
No swimming or wading is allowed.
- Current boater registration is required for power boats and for sailboats over 8 ft. in length. Numbers and stickers must be properly displayed.
- Vessels are required to carry accessible safety equipment.
- Children under age 13 must wear a Coast Guard approved life jacket, at all times.
- Waterskiiers are required to wear a Coast Guard approved life jacket, at all times.
- While using a Stand Up Paddle Board your life jacket must be readily available, at all times.
- Any person on a personal watercraft (jet-ski) is required to wear a Coast Guard approved life jacket, at all times.
- Boaters (except water skiers) must be in the passenger compartment while the vessel is underway.
- Speed limit is 35 mph.
- Direction of travel is counter-clockwise. No 360 degree or trick turns except for picking up a downed skier.
- Noise limits are strictly enforced.
- Vessels may not carry more passengers or weight than allowed by the vessel's capacity limit.
- Youths under 16 may not operate a vessel which is over 15 HP.
- A orange or red ski flag with a minimum size of 12" x 12" must be displayed when equipment and/or a skier is in the water.
- In addition to an operator, an observer at least 12 years of age must be in the vessel watching water skiers at all times, this applies to jet skiers towing as well.
- Vessels, water skis, aquaplanes or any other device may not be used in a reckless or negligent manner.
- Boating hours are 8:00 am to one half hour before sunset.
- All refueling of vessels must occur in the designated refueling area, located in the trailer parking lot across from the restrooms.
**Boaters refueling on the water or along the shoreline, or placing fuel containers along the shoreline, may be cited for this violation and fined up to $500.00 (Fish & Game section 5650(a) Water Pollution).
More Boating information:
- Reservations are REQUIRED for weekends and holidays for Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
- A non-refundable $8 reservation fee will be charged for each reservation made.
- You may make a reservation up to 3 weeks in advance.
- If your vessel does not arrive within the given reservation window, your reservation may be forfeited, with no refund.
Park Contact Numbers:
Calero Park Office (408)268-3883
Calero Reservoir Entrance (408)268-5240
Anderson Lake Entrance (408)779-5084
Coyote Lake Entrance (408)842-7800