A Permit is required for conducting any of the following in a Santa Clara County Park:
- Special Events: Includes any organized activity or event coordinated by a formal organized group which will be advertised or noticed in any publication, poster or flyer; or requests or requires a fee be paid for participation; and/or may be attended by 20 or more people.
- Ongoing Activities or Programs
- Activities / Programs outside of established County Parks standards: Examples include: afterhours use of a park facility, off-trail use, camping in a non-designated area, etc.
- Sales of Any Services or Products (Concessionaires Permit): Includes all commercial use of the parks (vendors)
- Filming Sessions - Capturing or recording motion pictures using video, film, digital or other technology.
- Commercial Photography: Any form of black and white or color photography (digital, chemical or by other means or technology) that is performed for profit or other commercial purposes or that may be sold or used for commercial purposes.
- Drone Use/Operation: For Drone usage/operation inquiries please contact [email protected].
- Specimen Collection
- Spreading of Ashes
Please submit a completed Park Permit Application to request a permit for conducting any of the above in a County Park.
Completed Applications can be:
- Emailed to [email protected]
- Dropped off or Mailed to the Parks Administration office located at 298 Garden Hill Drive, Los Gatos, CA 95032.
- Faxed to (408) 355-2290
The submittal of a Permit Application is a request for your event or activity only. The application does not constitute a permit or approval for your event or activity. Upon approval of your application, permit requirements must be completed in order to proceed with the event or activity.
Applications may be submitted 1 year prior to event/activity date. Permit applications are processed in the order they are received. Standard review and processing time is 6-8 weeks to receive a final decision on an application.
For further information regarding permits, please review:
Park Permit Conditions: These general conditions apply to all permits issued.
There may be additional conditions that apply. Our permit staff will notify you of additional addendum items once the permit is approved.
Insurance Requirements: Proof of insurance is required for all Special Event and Concessionaire Permits. Insurance may be required for other permits not previously listed. Please review this information for the exact requirements.
Additional External Documentation may be required, examples of this include:
Music Licensing Permit
Permits are also required for the following:
- Animal Pulled Carts
- Metal Detecting
- RC Boating
Call (408) 355-2201 or email [email protected] to obtain an Animal Pulled Cart, Metal Detecting, RC Boating, Specimen Collection, or Photography Permit.
For information regarding fees and any other questions please contact the Permits & Reservations Division at (408) 355-2201 or [email protected]