Now hiring for Seasonal Park Service Attendants Temporary/Extra Help Opportunities - Parks and Recreation - County of Santa Clara (sccgov.org)
Waiver forms are required for all participants. View here to complete the waiver form required upon entry to the park.
Welcome to Field Sports Park, the County's only publicly owned firing range. This park provides opportunities for rifle and pistol, as well as trap and skeet shooting. League activity and special events take place year-round. Located in south San Jose, Field Sports Park is staffed and supervised by qualified Range Masters at all times.
Range is open on a first come first served basis, no reservations are needed.
How to Get There
Field Sports is located at:
9580 Malech Rd San Jose, CA 95013
Trap and Skeet Range Office: (408) 463-0769
Rifle and Pistol Range Office: (408) 463-0652
||Trap and Skeet Range
||Rifle Pistol Range
200 Yard Range Hours
Open on the fourth weekend of every month (weather permitting)
Operating hours are 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- 5 trap fields
- 5 skeet fields
- 22 covered pistol or rimfire positions at 7, 15, and 25 yards
- 26 rifle positions at 50 and 100 yards that are partly covered
- 16 covered positions at 200 yard range*
- Multi-Purpose Range*
*The 200 yard and multi-purpose range are available for reservation with a valid permit. For information contact the Permits and Reservations office at (408) 355-2201 Monday through Friday 8:30am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 4:00pm or by email at [email protected].
Range Use Fees
|$9 per round/game
||$15 per adults with NO time limit
|$7 per round/game for league
||$10 for seniors 60+/disabled/Veterans/Peace Officers with NO time limit
|$18 per round(50 targets) Double Trap
||$6 for juniors (less than 13 years of age)
|Doubles Trap and Wobble Trap are available with advance notice
200 Yard Range:
- $20 per shooter
- includes access to the Rifle and Pistol Range. No discounts apply.
|$5 Eye Protection
||Eye and ear protection are required at all times while on the range.
|$1 Ear Protection
||Range fees include the use of target staplers, spotting scopes, and target patching tape.
$1-5 Extra Targets (one included in range fee)
|If you bring your own targets they cannot be any kind of human silhouette. This includes any kind of zombies, robots etc.
Access additional fees information here: Park Fees
The following safety procedures have been established to ensure the health and safety of the individuals who use this facility. YOU are responsible for reading, understanding and following these range rules.
- The Rangemaster has full authority in operating the range and must be obeyed.
- Carry uncased firearms with the muzzle straight up, action open, magazine out and finger off the trigger.
- On the firing line, keep the firearm muzzle pointed straight up or down range at all times.
- Keep your finger off the trigger, and outside the trigger guard, until you have your sight picture.
- Loaded firearms are permitted on the firing line during firing periods only.
- Anyone entering the range with a loaded firearm will be refused entry.
- Know your firearm and ammunition.
- Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
- Know where others are at all times.
- Ear and eye protection are required to be properly worn by everyone on the range.
- Alcohol and drugs are not allowed on the premises.
- During cease fire, stay behind the "red line". Do not approach the shooting station for any reason.
- During cease fire, firearms or equipment are not permitted to be moved onto or off the range. Do not handle any firearms or equipment during cease fire.
- All firearms are to be cased or uncased on the shooting bench with the muzzle pointed down range.
- Holsters are not permitted on the range.
- Anyone can call a cease fire.
- Anyone firing after a cease fire may be asked to leave the range.
- Shooting at anything other than your target may result in expulsion from the range.
- NO RAPID FIRE! A minimum of three seconds is required between shots.
- If you have a misfire or other problem, keep the muzzle pointed down range and raise your hand, a Rangemaster will attend to the problem.
- You must obey all range commands immediately.
- Shooters must shoot only from shooting stations, unless directed by a Rangemaster to do otherwise.
- Rifle muzzle loaders must keep the muzzle up during cease fire by placing the gun in a rack or in the crutch of the bench.
- ALL BRASS AND TRASH MUST BE PICKED UP AS DIRECTED BY THE RANGEMASTER.
- With the exception of coaching, no more than one person is allowed at the shooting station.
- Non-paying visitors may be allowed on the range at the discretion of the Rangemaster.
- Posting targets is permitted only during a cease fire period.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
In compliance with the requirements of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 ('ADA'),the Santa Clara County Parks and Recreation Department will not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities on the basis of disability in its programs, services, or activities. The Department will make reasonable modifications to policies and programs to ensure that people with disability have an equal opportunity to enjoy our programs, services, facilities, and activities. If you need assistance with an ADA request, please contact our ADA Coordinator.